Thursday, October 17, 2013

Mushrooms

Hi

So, I know I said I had a dress I made to show you, and I do, I just haven't gotten around to taking pictures yet. In the meantime, I don't want to fall off the wagon again, so I thought I would post today anyway.

About 2 weeks ago, when I got my camera, I went around taking pictures of mushrooms. Why? Because they were everywhere! I think it was the warm-ish and humid weather and the fact that it's October. They are on their way out now, but  about 2 weeks ago they were all over the place.


Cool right?

I started my day going thrifting and wearing something boring. At the second thrift store, I got an adorable little black and floral dress and put it on in the car (no one was looking, okay!). I felt much better and continued on to 2 more thrift stores. After that I decided that I finally needed a new camera, so it was off to the electronic store. I wanted to play with the big, fancy cameras, but the helper guy asked me what I was looking for and I said, "Well, certainly not this, it's way too expensive!" He did not seem amused. So I told him what my price range was and what I was looking for and he showed me all my options. I ended up getting a slightly upgraded version of my old camera (a Sony Cybershot). After I got it, I was eager to test it,  hence the mushrooms photos.




I had my eye out for a red capped one, but unfortunately didn't stumble on any. I did see one about 2 months ago, at a party/adventure thing my mom and dad took me to. It was in a little patch of pine trees right on the shore of a small lake at the back of the property. I wish I had had my camera.




This dress I something I normally wouldn't even give a second glance, but something about it made me want it. And the fact that it even fit probably means it was meant to be mine! It is rather short, but as long as I am wearing "safety shorts" nothing bad will happen. Hahahaha.

Have a lovely day!




1 comment:

  1. If I had your wonderful gams, I'd be a lot more at peace with shorter garments like this one dress, let me tell you! :) You look so cute and summery - my mind has already switched over to fall/winter attire mode. It's fun to see a warm weather frock again.

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* If I can ever be of any possible help to you in your hunt for a princess coat, please don't hesitate to let me know.

    ReplyDelete