Saturday, October 4, 2014

Trip to Norway!

Okay, so the reason I was relatively mum on the blog was because of all the traveling I was doing. This summer I had an opportunity I couldn't pass up....a trip to Norway! Thankfully since I had about a month long stint as a babysitter, I could afford a ticket, but I never would have dreamed of being able to pay for accommodations. Of course the whole great opportunity was the fact that I was offered a place to stay. It's a really long, complicated story, but the short version is, a friend of a friend of a friend invited me to dinner (while visiting said friend and friend of friend) and she happened to be from Norway and cordially invited me to come stay with them. She has a house in Norway and goes every summer.

Anyway, it's late and I am tired, so this will mostly be pictures, enjoy the beautiful-ness :)


 The crosswalk sign man was fancy!!





 I drank this water (from top of mountain spring) and it was amazing. Best water ever. For real

 This gorgeous place? Rest stop!

 Tiny door in lighthouse house. (Lista lighthouse, Farsund)


 Making chocolate mousse in a Norwegian kitchen (complete with metric measurements lol)

 You can't really make it out, but that was a double rainbow!

 Fjord 


 Guess where this was taken? :)


 A lot of houses there has grass growing on the roofs!


 Hiking on Preikestolen (preacher's pulpit/chair)

 Lake on top of mountain, with dog (after this, some people jumped in, but it looked cold)

 Fjord view from Preikestolen

 Me being danger

 I was standing on a rock

"Cliff diving"


Sadly, I did not pack any vintage. I knew I was going to be doing a lot of outdoor/physical activity, so I figured it wasn't worth the risk. Unfortunately since Norway is a rather wealthy country, everything is expensive, and there really isn't much in the way of vintage. I did, however find a cute dress from the 40's for 40 krone (roughly 7 bucks) and some pretty and really old ( I think) lace. I will have to do an outfit post with the dress, even though it is pretty damaged. I mostly bought it as a souvenir, but I may be able to fix it up a bit. 

Anyway, 2:30 in the morning is when people like me (any people) should be sleeping! 

Night. :)

1 comment:

  1. What a breathtakingly beautiful holiday you had. I love the sense of serenity that glows through in these wonderful images. It's clear that you were having a blast and really enjoying your exciting European adventure. I'm thrilled for you, sweet dear, and would very much love to follow in your footsteps and ad a Norwegian stamp to my own passport one day. Thank you for taking us along on a great photo filled look at your recent travels.

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Fingers and toes firmly crossed that you're able to revive your "souvenir" dress. What a bargain!!!

    ReplyDelete