Thursday, April 18, 2013

Healthy Living



Hello there!

It's completely gorgeous now. Today it was 80 degrees and sunny! I took some pictures by the creek near my house and I am so happy everything is turning green again!



Ok, so this post is going to be a little bit about health.

Recently my sister had started a new thing called Whole30. It's basically Paleo eating, only with more restrictions. No grains (not even corn or potatoes!), no dairy, no sweeteners (sugar, agave, stevia, honey) and essentially no processed foods. After my sister said she lost weight, felt better, and had more energy I was definitely interested!  Here is a great Paleo eating blog, NomNomPaleo.

After looking at it all day and considering it, I checked my blogs to see if any of my favorite Bloggers had posted anything new, and what do you know, Brittany of  Va-Voom Vintage had blogged about fitting into a snug dress. I took it as a sign. But the final push was reading Dita Von Teese's week long food journal. Just as soon as I finished reading it, I started planning meals for the Whole30.


I am only at the end of day 3, but let me tell you, this is different. I don't want to call it a diet because it's not. I am not counting calories, or worrying about points. I am eating real, delicious food and I don't feel deprived. I eat whenever I want and snack on veggies or fruit instead of chocolate or something with a ton of grains. I am drinking more water and tea. No soda pop and I really don't miss it (I wasn't a big soda drinker to begin with though). As far as weight loss, clearer skin, and an uptake in energy goes I don't know yet, but we will see at the end of 30 days. The call it a cleanse, and you are not supposed to weigh or measure yourself because it's not about losing weight, it's about being healthy. I highly suggest reading about it here.


1 comment:

  1. I was so excited to see this post! I am in the middle of a 30 day eating challenge very similar to this (no wheat, dairy, sugar, or processed foods). It was really hard to do for the first few days, but you get into the swing of things quickly! I am now on day 22 hooray (though I am giving myself 2 cheat days out of the 30). Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with your challenge! I hope you had a wonderful weekend!
    xo Hannah

    thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
    thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete