Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pincurl Hair

Well, here is what it looked like right after I took the pin curls out.



And here is what it looked like after I fixed it.





My pin curls were a little bit off today. Probably because I did them a little bit differently. There are a lot of tutorials out there on how to do pin curls and victory rolls. Solanah of Vixen Vintage has a great tutorial on her blog! Personally, I always knew how to do it, only I didn't really call it anything, and when I was little my mom did rag curls a lot. 

I was another warm day (even though it started raining around 3 and then proceeded to turn chilly). I wore a dress out to my class and was fine, in fact I had to take my sweater off! I have one final next week, and a paper due this week, and then the semester is over! I don't start again until the middle of January.

Speaking of school...I had a very trying day today, a very trying day indeed.


So it all started when I could not register for the chem and bio classes I wanted. I went into the records and registration office to see was what wrong, and they asked me to find out the class numbers, and then tell them so they could check it out. Turns out, I did not meet the math requirement for chemistry. The nice lady told me that I could petition the chairperson of the science department to waive the pre-requisite. It sounded like a very daunting task, but I decided to try my hand. I go to the office and his secretary basically told me that there was no way he would let me take chem without the math, but she asked if I still wanted to see him. So I figured I might as well try and convince him (I already took 2 algebra's, pre-calc, bio, and chem in high school). I waited for what seemed like hours with bated breath for him to open the door to his office. When he finally did, he ushered me in and asked what I wanted. I told him my plight and he said was sorry, but he really couldn't do it. As he was walking me out of his office, I burst into tears. No piddly tears either, I'm talking, massive sobs that racked my whole body and rendered me speechless and incompetent. He grabbed me some tissues and made me sit back down in his office. I sat in there for a good 10 minutes blubbering while he went to help someone else that was waiting for him outside of his office. When I finally regained speech he asked me about what I took in high school. I told him that I felt completely confident in my ability to take the classes. And he told me that he would let me take the classes because anybody that cried over their education was worth it and that no one ever cried in his office before. He also said I reminded him of his daughter my age. And he wants me to come back at the end of the semester and show him my grades, so I have to work really hard next semester.

So that was my very trying day.

To make myself feel better, on the way home, I stopped at a relatively new tea salon and bakery. I got a lavender bubble tea and a red velvet cupcake. It was good. I liked the tea a lot more than I liked the cupcake (I think I may not like red velvet). It's called Koko. And the interior is simply adorable and oh so girly! White painted furniture, chandeliers, and billowy rose patterned fabric everywhere. Next time I go I shall try and take a picture. If you are in the greater Columbus area I highly recommend them (it's in Gahanna).

Well I think that's all for today! 
I hope your day was not a trying one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment