Monday, March 25, 2013

Alice...Ish

Well....this happened.



It's funny, people keep saying the weather is crazy, but it's spring! Spring basically equals crazy weather. One day you might have a snow storm, and the next day you might have 60 degree shorts weather.

Since it looked like a winter wonderland when I woke up, of course I thought of Alice in Wonderland, so I kinda dressed like her.


This apron is one I made awhile ago. I mainly use it for sewing because it has great, deep pockets to put a pin cushion, or a pair of scissors in. I think I might actually sew a scissors loop on the waistband also. I'm sure I'll get around to it.



I had to wear my boots again (not disappointed at all) however, it did make my outfit come across as an overgrown pioneer farm girl rather than a coy Alice. Oh well. You can't win them all.

And since I mainly just wanted to wear the apron, I decided to wear this blue dress that is actually in my "Re-work" pile. The sleeves, neckline, and waist are off. It's too big and the sleeves/neckline are hideously 80's. I was thinking about shortening the sleeves a bit, making them fit slimmer, and removing the hideous awkward collar. I'm glad the apron is covering that monstrosity.



And of course, kitty Bear was very interested in what I was doing.


I wish the focus wasn't so off on this one, it's a really cute picture otherwise.

Then he decided to watch me from the fence...



I hope your spring is off to a great start, whether you are shoveling snow, picking up your patio umbrella from the neighbors lawn, or cooling off with a lemonade.

Here's to looking forward to the warmer, and stabler months!




Outfit
Dress ~ Thrifted
Apron ~ Made by me
Boots ~  Zoe and Luca @ Macy's
Headband ~ No idea
Cat ~ Wandering about





No comments:

Post a Comment