Saturday, August 3, 2013

A Pretty Pretty Petticoat

So I was at the thrift store a few days ago and as I was passing by racks and racks of things, my eyes spotted a patch of lacy glorious-ness in the sea of faded polyester. And behold, it was this wonderful petticoat! It looks rather 50's, but I think it's more likely from the late 60's or 70's. I literally gasped and clutched it close and practically ran to check out and bring it home. Because of the miracle called elastic, it fit! I am now the proud of owner of a gorgeous lace petticoat.




 Fresh raspberries from our garden!







It kind of makes me want to move to New Zealand and become a shepherdess and have sheep.






3 comments:

  1. That really is a frothy, dreamy, gorgeous petticoat! I've seen super similar ones from the 50s, so I wouldn't rule it out being that old entirely (unless there's a more modern tag or other indication that it's from a later decade). What an incredibly fun, fabulous find!!!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! so so lovely! ^^

    http://alovelystyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinda 'little house on the prairie-ish'. Wrong era entirely I know, but it reminds me of the show, oh, I love that show :)
    X

    ReplyDelete