Sunday, January 13, 2013

Inspired by Joan

Today I was feeling a bit Joan-ish. That sis Joan from Mad Men. I love her character on the show she's sexy, but at the same time very self-assured, witty, and intelligent. A few days ago I was at a thrift store, and found this great red sweater.

I looked for a tag and discovered it was an original Pendleton sweater! Judging by the style of the tag and the seams on this sweater I would say it could be 50's or 60's. I really love it. So very sweater girl.

Sorry for the dreary weather! But at least I have natural light. It's been in the really high 50's lately so I wasn't cold at all in this.



The necklace is not a pen, like Joan's necklace is, it's a key. My sister made this necklace and gave it to me. I love old skeleton keys. I did some research on this particular one, and found out it was from a company that manufactured door and locks in the 1800's! I always wonder what it was the key to.


The shoes are Paradise Kittens brand! I was so excited when I found them.


My hair was looking a bit bedraggled, so it put it up. The front part is a Dutch braided "headband" and the back I just pinned up in a lot of different places. I thought it was kind of cute.



It was a tad bit wet.


After doing a very "Joan" look I was thinking about doing an outfit inspired by all the main female characters on Mad Men. Not very soon, but I think it would be fun.

Have a great day!

Sweater- Thrifted
Skirt- Hand me down from my sister (it's Lands End from a few years ago).
Necklace- Made by my sister
Shoes- Thrifted
Handbag- Thrifted


1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic outfit! Very VERY Joan and your figure looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete