Thursday, January 17, 2013

My Go-To 2012 Playlist

So it's probably pretty apparent from my blog, but I really love vintage. I love the fashions, the way things were done, the houses, the furniture, and all that jazz. I love oldies too, but I listen mostly to modern music. When comes to my tastes in modern music I tend to listen to Indie/Alternative/Folk music. Some might call it hipster music, but I don't care. I like what I like and I'm not apologizing. I generally stay away from rap, heavier rock, metal, and most country (I adore Taylor Swift though).

Since it's still January, I thought it would be fun to give you a playlist of my most listened to songs for 2012. Now, not all of them came out in 2012, but I think most of them did. This is just what I have listened to the most over the last year. 10 seemed too small, but 20 seemed to big, so I did my top 15.

Abbi's Playlist for 2012

1. Ruby- Kaiser Chiefs
2. Mermaid- Train
3. Lemonade- Alexandra Stan
4. On Melancholy Hill- Gorrilaz
5. Bruises- Chairlift
6. Where the Kids Are- Blondefire
7. Punching in a Dream- The Naked and Famous
8. Kill Your Heroes- AWOLNATION
9. Don't Break the Needle- J Roddy Walston and the Business
10. Dirty Paws- Of Monsters and Men
11. Furr- Blitszen Trapper
12. Lies- Marina and the Diamonds
13. 5 Years Time- Noah and the Whale
14. Let's Dance to Joy Division- The Wombats
15. Paradise- Coldplay


So that's my list. And I think the award for best album of 2012 is, hands down, My Head is An Animal by Of Monsters and Men. It is rare that I come across an album where I like more than a few songs, but I love this entire album, it's very good. Well, technically this came out in September of 2011, but only in Iceland, where the band is from. It came out in the U.S. in April 2012.



What were your favorite tunes of 2012?









No comments:

Post a Comment